Where it all begins

Everyone has to start from somewhere...and this is my beginning

May 29, 2011

Talk about family (1)


This story I picked up from my husband who had direct encounter with the incident.

On a Saturday morning...
A street singer just happened to drop by our home and well, started singing. My son, Opal, all excited asked to daddy for small change. “No, just let him go along to other houses as usual and asked for small change there,” Dad replied casually. Opal then flashed out of the room while daddy’s eyes still on his work. Daddy heard a brief commotion but dismissing it and went on with his work.

A while after...
Dad: So, did you give the money?

Opal: Yea...(eyes on the computer, playing online game)

Dad: How much did you give him anyway?

Opal: A hundred...two of them (replied in a very cool state)

Owkay, wait. I was gasping when hearing the story...whaat? a hundred, two of them? two hundred? what?! Rp200,000 for a street singer?!!...WTH?!!

But, that gasping moment was over after my husband explained that it was only Rp200 Opal gave to the street singer. Apparently, Opal took the money from a container filled small changes we had....

And I immediately feel sorry for the street singer (because custom here would have given him at least Rp500 or Rp1,000).

There you have it, my son the philanthropist :D

No comments:

Post a Comment